The market is afresh with yet another slew of Apple rumors expecting launch this year or later. The rumors are more like assertions traced keeping the history of Apple iPhone market. It would be a real break-through if Apple could release three iPhones, to target new demographics like China. Whatever, the case Apple is sure to surprise us by a storm, with its string of innovative, highly functional yet affordable iPhones.
Let’s take a look iPhone 5S and iPhone 6 greatly expected features:
• The iPhone 5S and an iPhone 6, could be known as the iPhone Plus. According to iLounge, Apple will be churning out budget iPhones which resemble an iPod classic from the side, and an iPod touch 5G on the bottom— but made from plastic rather than glass or metal.
• If leaked pictures of iPhone 5 are to be believed then iPhone 5S will have slightly changed grills of its outside speakers. The dual-sim iPhone 5S will have a slender 7.6mm design weighing 112 grams, much thinner and much lighter. Apple tends to keep the design same for at least two years so iPhone 5S will be similar in design to iPhone 5.
• Apple seems to be launching iPad with 128 Gb and the same storage capacity could be implemented with iPhone 5S
• iPhone 6 will be much lighter and thinner with a 5-inch IGZO screen that helps in power consumption. It will come with an updated iOS 7 with some rather unique features. It is likely to bump up to an A7 chip processor to assist with ever more complex errands
• iPhones will have wireless charging, fingerprint security sensors and near Field Communication (NFC)
• The iPhone 5S scheduled for a mid-2013 release, while an early 2014 launch for the iPhone 6
• Production for both iPhones to begin from April. Whereas, iLounge, puts forward that Apple is currently targeting July for an iPhone 5S release
• The two new iPhones may have bigger screen sizes – 4.8-inch Retina Display for the iPhone 5S or 6
• Release of a third model of iPhone namely iPhone Math with 4.8-inch screen size and an 8-Mp camera, as reported by China Times website. This model may not see release anytime this year and just seems like a backup model from Apple.
• A new camera wouldn’t be surprising given that Apple tends to offer an improved rear camera, from hardware and software point of view, every year. The new iPhones will have 12-megapixel camera and enhance rear flash capabilities
Apple like earlier will distribute its production plans – Foxconn and Coxon will produce the chassis, Hon Hai Precision will take care of the manufacturing, Largan Precision the camera modules and the circuit boards will come from Flexium, Zhen Ding and Fujikura. According to DigiTimes’ sources, the components needed to make the entry-level iPhone 6 are currently going through validation, and the finished product may show up in the market in the second half of 2013.
The budget phones as these are being called will be cheaper and more portable probably to tap emerging markets in China. Based on this report, Digitimes on Monday said Apple’s next-generation iPhone may feature plastic for its chassis instead of reinforced glass or unibody metal, which would help reduce the cost in producing the phone. Further to this, Apple CEO Tim Cook met with China Mobile (with 703 million active subscribers) headquarters to meet and discuss matters of cooperation with Xi Guohua, the company’s chairman.
To sum it up
Apple Q1 2013 Earnings Report has been quite a disappointment with its claims of Apple selling only 47.8 million iPhones and 22.9 million iPads in Q1 2013. AAPL shares are listed at 450.50, dropping another two percent in after-hours trading on Wednesday afternoon as reported by NASDAQ:AAPL. In times like these Apple has no choice but to gear up to up to the latent competition with its upcoming fresh row of products.